Sunday 21 January 2007

3min till my file finish uploading.. 3min to blog

Entries haven't been exactly exciting lately. That's the result of spending way too much time in school or else trying to program in pd and also because the philosophies of those people are much more interesting than my own.

What's up with my life. Usually week 1 and 2, I'll be dropping classes like birds drop white stuff onto clean cars, but for some reason this quarter, I'm adding committments like no one's business. My postdoc has this impression that I'm really free, cos I only have 1 class on MWF and of course, I go to lab on MWF.. Man, I'm nowhere near free and it's only week3. Hope things turn out well.

All people have been trying to do is gain control of the universe, control every variable, be able to predict the results. Is that ever possible?

"Since our government prefers intelligent design over evolution, I have to rephrase my question: why did god create this gene?" ~Nobel laureate who came to UCSD for a talk. I forgot his name, he works on this gene that I forgot the name of, but it enhances female sexuality, the press reports it as a future aphrodisiac. I can't remember much of it cos I fell asleep, chairs were very comfy.
OK, I've found out who he is. He's Paul Greengard and the protein he was talking about was DARPP 32.

No comments: