Sunday 26 September 2010

So long and thanks for the fish

It comes in waves. There are days when I think of him way too much, and others when I can't imagine we were ever together. I guess this is it. Thanks for the fish. If only I'm a dolphin.

Addicted to board games lately. Agricola and Puerto Rico. It's fun to use brain to do something else other than thinking up good experiments. Planning strategies that last for a few turns is much less stressful than planning expts.. With board games and dance and meeting people for lunch/ dinner, who has time for reminiscing? What is there to reminisce? go away..

Gave my first lab meeting. I guess things can only go up from now. Every lab meeting will be better than the last. I will know more about my topic, have more data and answer more questions adequately. It's a strange relationship I have with my PI. I tell her about my failed expts hoping that she'll have suggestions to right them. She tells me about her failed expts hoping, well, I don't think i'm too helpful. I also need to be able to argue my point without getting emotional. And I'm on my way to losing my crappy US accent

No comments: