Wednesday 25 August 2004

Great GP lesson!

some ridiculous facts first: price of eggs in Singapore are skyrocketing, $2+ for 10 eggs. Price of eggs in Malaysia is plummeting, going below the cost price of the eggs and they'll going to kill the hens to reduce the number of eggs. So why don't we just let the eggs in? I'm sure they're really careful over testing to see which farm has the avian flu, so if Malaysians can eat their eggs, why can't we? Are we being overly-cautious? Look at the last ban on food imports from Malaysia, pork. It's been almost 5 yrs I think since we've had Malaysian pork. Will the chicken ban last that long? So our egg price will remain high? Inflation is increasing.. we're all getting poorer. What should the new govt do? Lower living costs, lower food prices

yup, back to the gp lesson. Was studying after sch with xh yesterday, and she was having a hard time deciding whether to come to sch today or not. And an impt factor in the decision was whether Mr Khoo will sing in class today. So we decided to go ask him but couldn't find him. So we wrote this note that goes something like this:
"Hello Mr Khoo
Please remember to bring your guitar and lyrics if you wish/need tomorrow.
From your friendly GP class =)
PS It's been one and a half years
We're still waiting... =)"
When we went to quietly put it on his table, he was back at his table. So we panicked and sort of thrusted the note in his hands and ran off. Apparently it worked.

So it was a great GP lesson today, in the Band Room! Fooled around a bit with the percs, then it was a Paul Khoo concert. He has a great voice, and really sounds good when he sings. I think I've been trained to analyse songs when I hear them, normal 933 songs I can pretty much figure out the chords when I hear them, only a few weird chords here and there which I can't, or the songs written by someone weird like Jay Chou. Somehow today I couldn't figure out any chords he played at all. Maybe becaues it's a solo guitar accompaniment, so he had to change chords more often, like on every beat, I couldn't even tell when he returned to the home key. Gosh, maybe I'm losing my "chords recognition" ability. Or maybe or more likely, he's just too pro, and came up with all those great progressions.. Wish I could be that pro one day, and actually write something decent.. just the music part will do, the words part I'll nv make it anyway. So funny when he tried to weave GP in, like talking about his "social issues" song. Haha. Never thought he'll give us a concert, thought he'll just sing 2 songs and then go on to the Arts again.. One of the best GP lessons ever.
Should have brought my video camera

No comments: