Wednesday 15 March 2006

It's the time of the year when the US unis send out admission letters.

Everybody who replied me knows sth abt Singapore and A*. One of them knows so much I'm amazed.. He even talks about the amount of funding we get.. wow. They are all very impressed with Astar of course. But I'm taking a biased sample, cos if they don't like, they wouldn't have asked to meet this girl from Singapore in the first place, even if she got a good grade in O chem. I need to make a decision very very soon, like by Friday, on which I should go. I can't decide. A new one vs an established one. Working for a grad vs working for a post-doc. One where they're used to undergrads vs one that doesn't have a single undergrad. I can't decide.

Haha. wy's amazing. she always ask the right questions. I need people like this around.

Finals next week. Why are all my classes so mug? How much of it would I eventually remember anyway? I couldn't remember what a yeast is this morning. Is it a protist or a fungus or just a yeast kingdom? It's a single cell fungus. Current study plan: mug all my bio and chem stuff by the end of this week and spend next week on hum. As usual, it's a super disproportionate time spent on hum, but i need it.

Strange as it may sound, I want time to move slower. I don't want the term to end. Wonder why, it's only the 2nd quarter of my 1st yr here.

DNA origami.. really cool
http://www.nature.com/news/2006/060313/full/060313-8.html

"Why are you hesitating?"

No comments: