Saturday 4 March 2006

Jasmine 点心 for breakfast/ lunch. First time having dim sum in the year and first time eating it in San Diego. I wouldn't say Jasmine has very good dim sum. But it's nice going out as a huge group again to eat somewhere. Been a while since we did that. And it was a long long breakfast/ lunch, almost 3h.. in the true spirit of 饮茶. =) And in a meal that's that long, politics/ religion/ some other controversial topic is bound to come up..

Highlight of the lunch: fingers kana squashed by the car door. Oww. Due to my previous week of being accident prone, I had cuts on my fingers, the slam opened one of the wounds, that's why my finger was bleeding. I was wondering why it was bleeding when all that happened to it was high pressure, would need extreme high pressure to force vessels to bleed and my hand won't be in the right shape if it had happened. To tell the truth, I don't remember my reaction, and I don't know what my reaction should have been, but I probably hesitated for a sec before realising I should ask the person who closed the door to open it. Good thing my fingers are still in shape..

Lab..
不是我要说,可是这些人真的很势利眼。sorry grammar very wrong, nvm lah hor. Point is, I sent out a bunch of emails asking if any lab want free labour from me and I got either negative replies or no reply. Then I decided that I must be more assertive, so I sent out the next batch with my transcript attached, immediately I got replies. But of course I wanted to get into the first batch more.. So now I'm not sure if I should resend to the 1st batch or just leave it. I was looking at the careers website just now, and guess what? people who rejected me are hiring.. hmm.. maybe those they're hiring do diff stuff from volunteers.. Sian..

I think that this quarter has been pretty sociable. Turning many 2nd and 3rd degree friends into 1st degree. And hum is a big know more people class. So somehow or other, I already know someone in all my classes next quarter. Oh, but I've been neglecting 1st degree people.. like my suitemates. AS-ing them like crazy. I need personal space.

Housing
I don't know what I want.
Hum
Super difficult.
Classes next quarter
I can't decide.

I announce that the amount of studying I do now is comparable to J2 time, even though I'm not learning that much stuff, am I?

I need time to think and sort out stuff.

No comments: