Monday 23 October 2006

I want to blog but I've been busy. Crazy week this week, at least after tomorrow, half of the craziness will be gone.

Am I that old? People around me are getting engaged, first it's my classmate who is a year younger than I am, then I stumbled upon a friend's blog and he says he just proposed and she said yes. Wow.

Coaching. I seem to coach a lot this term. Was the coach for the lect debate, meaning I slack while the rest go talk, and we have fantastic speakers and speeches, and brilliant brains churning out wacky ideas. We were arguing for the abolishment of private property. Gave a whole bag of chocs and sweets (wealth/ property) to the professor (the aristocrat), and he so sportingly told the class that he won't share any of those with the class cos that's his private property. Haha. I love our speeches and how our arguments could raise John's eyebrows and make him nod furiously. I would definitely have done this in a different way, splitting parts, everyone go write your own speech, make things formal and debate-like, but I guess what we turned out to do was much better. Maybe the arguments were not as sophisticated and well-phrased like those in an essay, but they are much more approachable, easy-to-understand, fun for the audience, and more importantly, both the professors liked it. And it doesn't hurt that we won. Spent almost 4h working on just the speeches though. But it's been fun working with these brainy and talkative people. =)

Coaching for a middle school science olympiad team. Can't believe it right? Me coaching for olympiad. But it's fun. Not the hard-core Bio O or Chem O kind of thing. It's called science crime busters and we do CSI kind of work, analyse evidence. Fun for me to learn too. The kids look so small, I don't remember sec 1s being that small.. I'm old..

Planning to go Hawaii in Dec. Hope I have time to plan. Seems like I'm the only one planning this time. And I do have a tendency to screw impt things up because of some misconceptions. I almost loaded proteins into a gel today without removing the comb, how dumb. I hope our Western work, cos we didn't load all the sample that we could..

I need to have more confidence in myself. A paper that has a 2nd opinion 12h before it's due isn't much different from one that didn't have the 2nd opinion at all. And I should be less lazy. If a drastic change needs to be made, it has to be made.

I want to stop spending money.

No comments: