Thursday 7 December 2006

End of another quarter. Time's zooming past. But since I've already realised that, I'm treasuring every minute I have here. Leaving for Hawaii on Saturday. I'm getting the inertia again, just want to slack my time away, don't want to start planning/ packing/ preparing for the tiredness of travel. But I know that I'll be super sian diao if I stay here in San Diego, even if there's my 3 yr old cousin to keep me busy. So this is going to be a travelling travelling winter break. Hawaii, Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Yosemite, San Diego. Daddy's complaining that I'm playing too much.. I worry for my finance after this break.

Finals are over. Another useless set of finals with my cramming for exams and forgetting them after that. I really should learn how to remember stuff in quarter systems. What do I remember of genetics? Nothing. What do I remember of MP3? Not much too. What do I remember of Montaigne? Quite a bit. What do I remember of the bible? Little. Wrote a christmas/ thank you card to my TA, thought it was quite lousily written, but I couldn't be bothered to save it. Since when am I this cynical?

More pictures of Sequoia. The really pretty ones


On top of the Baldie. The baldie is this huge piece of rock where no trees grow. Beautiful view though. Sea of clouds. Wanna jump in?


Everything turning red on sunset. It's the reddest sunset I've ever seen. I know that I have plenty of chances to see perfect sunsets but this is the first time I see everything turning red instead of golden. Maybe the air's different.


General Sherman tree. The biggest living thing on earth. Uncle Sherman here is THE biggest living thing by volume, it's not the oldest, not the tallest, but the biggest, cos it grows really fast and doesn't die. It survived fires and nowadays tourists. It's probably a kid around Jesus' time. Wise old tree.

No comments: