Monday 18 December 2006

I have concluded that the more I do, the more I get done. So I'm going to take a whole bunch of classes and do a whole bunch of activities next quarter. This quarter has just been a failed experiment. Got an ugly mark on my transcript.. ugly. And spending way too much money this quarter..

Life is made of trials and errors, think about it, if the consequences are not too nasty, try it, if it doesn't work, at least you'll know that it doesn't work. There are times to stop and re-examine, but mostly, push on.

Just got back from Hawaii. It's a beautiful place and I've definitely seen the spirit of Aloha. Many firsts, glad I went with a friend cos I'll never do many of those things on my own. I think that 19 and 20 are still a bit too young to travel alone.
Things that I've done:
  1. hiked into the craters of 2 volcanos,
  2. 6h hike in weather that can't decide between clearing up and sprinkling,
  3. snorkelled in a bay created by a collapsed volcano,
  4. watched naked people do fire dances,
  5. watched many hula dances,
  6. bummed on the beaches,
  7. watched a pro surf competition,
  8. hitchhiked,
  9. took a 3h bus ride around half of Oahu island,
  10. saw many beautiful rainbows
  11. saw a sky full of stars
  12. shot a pistol, revolver and rifle
  13. been mistaken for a Japanese countless times
  14. been offered a beer by some random guy

Hawaii is definitely worth going. This trip wasn't very thoroughly planned, but ended up ok. Could be a lot more fruitful, or a day or 2 shorter, but it was fun. I need to loosen up and not get freaked out when things don't go as planned, just let things be, they might end up better than plans. Learn from the Hawaiians: Hang loose. Whatever it means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo wow! Sounds very exciting and fun! Love to read your reflections on life and things. Btw, Happy New Year!!!! Have a Great 2007! Hope to see ya soon!!!!
-XW