Tuesday 1 June 2004

(no, but) + (yes, and) = (yes, but)
sound so mathematical, got coordinates, or maybe they are statistics, the binomial distribution.. anyway, i use "yes but" a lot. It's a good way to state my opinion without discrediting someone else's. Been reading SAT II writing, and trying to make my sentences relatively grammatically correct and clear. Can't really do it without all the subjects (I, you, he, she..).

Don't think I can survive in uni with my verbal skills, can't talk, can't write. Don't talk about discussion on complex issues, I can't even express myself properly, with my brain not functioning half the time. Now I know where all my time went to -- stoning! Will turn into a big piece of rock soon if i just sit and listen and receive or worse, listen and let everything bounce off me. Luckily I wasn't the only one there today, luckily she "took a break" and joined me, luckily the other girl came, if not it'll be even less productive. Guess they didn't know that they saved me. Since I can't talk, I will listen.

Stayed in sch library today. Didn't expect to see so many people. The library has been robbed of all the useful books, there wasn't even a SAT II Maths book available, and no good biotech books, so didn't do much again. Anyway so nice to have someone to stay with me even after the library closed. =)

Went check eyes again. If all optometricians were responsible, there'll be less people with eye diseases. I was never told to not wear contacts for more than 8 hrs a day, never told how to count the one month, never told how damaging soft lens can be.. great, now no more lenses for the next 3 months at least.. Can't they teach properly? Or must we really go to the expensive shops to get a responsible professional to tell us everything we should know?

Police officers at interchanges and MRT stations.. don't think it's going to prevent terrorism. How easy it is to escape their glances, all they can do is to be there to assist in case a bomb went off. Don't think they can deter, cos most prob they'll be checking innocents' bags and other innocents will just not carry big black bags around.
Let X represent the no. of bomb carriers in a year. X~ Po(2). Probability that there'll be 1 bomb carrier a year = 0.3
Probability that the police will spot this guy assuming that he looks normal and police check 10 people a day out of 5000 = 0.0006
That's how you practise what you learn in stats. All the best to the police.

No comments: