Wednesday 7 December 2005

Just did a blog surf. Went Enping's blog, saw all his pictures with people studying in US and realise that I know so many of them. The world becomes smaller when I'm here. I didn't know Stanford has the biggest campus in US and I only learned that Tiger Woods was from Stanford when I visited Stanford in September. So strange to think of Enping as a senior, and then he meets up with guys who are in their freshmen year and I realise that those guys are his seniors. Weird. Then somehow surfed a few more blogs and ended up in Ruijie's blog. And he was talking about RI gep and DHS gep and so on.. And he had pictures of Stanford and Berkeley too. Didn't know berkley has parking lots reserved for Nobel laureates. Wonder how is it possible for everyone to travel to everywhere in the middle of the term.

My roommate has just discovered the marvels of webcam and voice conferencing, even though I Skype my parents every week and Festoon with bao and donk quite often this week. She's super excited to see her ex-crush and speak to him. He doesn't have a mic and she doesn't have a cam. Actually, among the 10 people in the suite, I'm the only one who uses a webcam and talk (really speak) to people online. Is our technology more advanced? Or is it just catalysed by us being away from home?

No comments: