Monday 16 April 2007

I need a lot more discipline and get work done, or I'll be screwed very soon.

Politics. It's my 2nd week in the exco and this ugly thing has to come up and forces me to take a side. I hate this. I know that I'm being inactive, fearful of showing individuality, fearful of being different, Mill and Nietzsche will never approve, but this is who I am. Nietzsche found the fire burning within him and Schopenhauer was the way to guide that fire. I, like most in the world, am just living, no fires. M has a point, no doubt about that, and it takes a lot of guts to make a statement like that. But it was way too belligerent, if I were the 'official stand', I would stamp her down too. Honestly speaking, I don't agree with the first words of either side. M puts it across too bluntly and the officials are taking it too hard. Alternatives are available, I don't think it's an all-or-none event and the rationale and consequences of decisions ought to be made known to all. It'll take more time to reach decisions, but that's the drawback of democracy or any kind of non-monarchy.

Cabaret. It was a great show. "Here, life is beautiful. The girls are beautiful. Even the orchestra is beautiful." I truly agree with that. Had a great time playing with these wonderful people and hanging out with the cool talented theatre kids. They are just amazing. This Nazi dude, I don't know his name, he's such a great speaker, everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like something that was scripted, well-planned out. Every break, the winds will go look for him and ask him to tell stories. The pineapple guy is also fantastic, can't believe he's just a freshman, he's a fabulous actor, he'll come over to the orchestra and mime to us how great we are, and he just makes Herr Schultz so lovable. MC, undoubtedly the most talented actor in the whole show, talk about stage presence, when he's on stage, you know it. He might be a little freaky but he sure has a sense of humour..
Even though the mics probably didn't work as well as they should and didn't pick me up, well whatever, it was fun.
The 2nd act was dark. Very dark. Nazis coming to power, politics changing the happy lives that the characters finally found. "Aren't you forgetting something? No matter what happens, you'll still have each other." "There was a war and I survived, there was inflation and I survived. If the Nazis come I will survive, if the communists come I will still be here, renting out these rooms."

I need to work on some social skills.

No comments: