Thursday 5 April 2007

Passed driving test! So I'll be getting a license soon, though I still won't have a car, or the means to get a car. Interesting how latinos can pronounce my surname much better than whites, the test guy, who wears a lab coat, i don't know why, could read my last name perfectly. Anyway, the lady at the counter was black and when she heard I passed, she held out her fist, and I stoned for 2s before I realised that I'm supposed to hit it.. hmm

Got my clone! Yay! Even though it took 2 weeks for me to finish 1 cloning try, I got successful clones. Progressing slowly.. estimate the final construct to take another 2 weeks to be completed, then hopefully i can get my knockout strain before I collapse in this quarter.

It's week 1 and I'm already behind in work.. 100pages/ week to read for Hum, 1 paper/ class for Gene regulation, pd homeworks, discussions to prepare, why am I doing all these? Spring break was too short.. I need a longer break to recuperate.

Cabaret. That's the musical which I'm playing in next weekend. It's going to be a great show and it's been fun playing for it. Rehearsals are going crazily and I feel obliged to go cos I've missed all except 1 last quarter and 2 out of 3 this week. So, rehearsal till late every night. I wonder how I'm going to get home on Sat and Sun..

I forsee a total collapse in the middle of the quarter.. Should I just drop a class and heck my GPA?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shifeng!!! congrats =P =P you are now certified to drive me around in sg when you come back. yay! hang in there ok? can't wait for you guys to come back!-- eve

fm said...

u can borrow my bike if u want to get to sch and back... but this is prob too late har..

jac jac said...

oops i think i'm a bit slow here but YIPEE U PASSSED(: niang can drive me to school when u come back LOL.