Friday 15 June 2007

so apparently I can't do anything at 12am. All the servers are down, I can't book tickets at all. Sian.

End of finals. phew. Yet another quarter over. End of Hum. I am going to miss Hum, I'm going to miss reading a book a week, discussing one ideology a week, going through 1 philosopher a week. Quite an amazing experience. The essay today was a good one, I thought it was the best question that has ever came out. I'm usually disappointed with the exam essay questions cos I think there isn't much interesting to write about them but there was one question today on what is the point of Humanities. And there was this quote about how the world is a devastating place, full of troubles and loneliness, what humanities tries to do is to find some light of living, find some meaning in life and that humanities never give a complete answer. I thought that was highly appropriate, that I am trying to make sense of my existence since I knew about this thing called philosophy and that reading about all these people who have got it figured out didn't immediately help me figure out stuff, I'm still clueless but at least I know now that it's possible to find something to live for.

I am interested in doing this philosophy of the week thing. Think it'll be fun.

I'm sensing the onset of a major depression. End of school year, start of uncertainties, start of new life in new apt with new people doing relatively new things. It's not looking particularly optimistic. Or maybe it's just the past week that's been draining me mentally and emotionally.

A lot of things to blog about. I've been oppressed, suppressing/ repressing all these things that I wanted to blog but never got the chance to cos of exams. But I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep.

I guess I have to put this down before I sleep, in the other blog, way too boring to put here.

No comments: