Friday 4 August 2006

Sarah asked if I'll miss my RI and lab after I leave, I didn't have an answer for her yesterday, but I know today that my answer will be yes. I'll miss bickering with teh-c, trying to read in the students' office, sudokus and connect-fours, running errands in BSF, running off to Synapse when I'm free to play table tennis or to play, lunch with a whole group of people.. And of course i'll miss the time I spend in the lab. I am getting attached to the lab..

Respect. For my lab people. For my supervisor who can conduct a few experiments simultaneously; for always preparing everything perfectly for me so that whatever I need, it'll be right there in front of me, even though I didn't even realise that I'll need the thing; for doing things with such precision and skill; for planning everything so perfectly that they all happen at good times. Really appreciate that after working with Dave. I suddenly think that it's so hard to be doing research, where do you find out what to do? What happens if you're stuck? What happens if something is unsuccessful even though everything you've done is right? Who can you ask? Who can help? Where do you get the ideas on where to start in the first place? Where will my christina be? If you just throw me there with a project right now, I'd probably wouldn't be able to do anything.. I need to build up my inventory of experimental methods and improve my skills dramatically.

It's late. Seeing dentist tmr morning, sleeping now. I still have things to blog about, about my school.. Next time then. Nite.

No comments: