Thursday 31 August 2006

Had lunch with Queenie from UCSD yesterday. She's on exchange and taking a semester in NUS. Of all places, Singapore. It was by accident that I discovered that she's in Singapore, and yup so we had lunch and I found out what she thinks about here. I'm really shocked to find out that her grades will be transferred back to UCSD as grades, not just P/NP. Tough for her then. Ed says Singapore is boring, cos it's so small. Does that make Singaporeans boring too?

My brain's not working lately, got off the elevator at the wrong floor yesterday and walked into the floor before realising that it's not my floor. I was wondering why I got the weird look from that lady. Then I got off at the wrong MRT stop when I went to meet the Assers, but luckily I noticed that the place looked unfamiliar before I exit the gates, and I just hopped back onto the next train. And I added my reaction into huge tubes instead of tiny pcr tubes just now when I was trying to do PCR. Luckily I realised before I try dumping the tubes into the machine.. Absentmindedness. Getting old.

Assers outing. Great to see everyone again. We are really crazy. They make me laugh so much. Embarrassed ourselves by asking the waiter to reheat our half-eaten muffins. Cherading with each other. FFs everywhere we go. Went esplanade and had a few wonderful rounds of bridge and asshole daidi. Had a great evening.

Was discussing about beliefs with Guoji. I said I believed in "wo3 jiao4". He said the society is created to suit people who believed in themselves. Those with self-confidence always win. And we are indeed "shens" who have created a new world. The virtual world. He speculates that one day we will all live in the virtual world because it's a world that we created, it's the perfect place in our minds. I said that the virtual world can never be real because you can die in a RPG and be reborn and try again. He said, "The character that you're playing doesn't know that he can die and start over again. He thinks he will die and that's it. How do you know that you are not just a character in the real world?"
Moral of story: Kill yourself and find out if you have another life

No comments: