Sunday 20 March 2005

Disney on Ice

I watched Disney on Ice- Princess Classics.

The elephant in Aladdin was so cute, it could nod its head and its skin was wrinkled all over. And the flying carpet as well, it was waddling all over and tripping over itself. I feel like hugging it.

The producers or whoever who planned the whole show wasn't the cleverest people. They brought out the similarities in each story, so, in every story there's a magical thing, be it a genie, fairy godmother, wicked witch, tiny dragon, in every story the princess will have to suffer before a handsome prince falls in love with her and they live happily ever after. Ok, these are the basic ingredients of a fairy tale, you say. But the way the princesses are saved is so similar too. They had a scene where Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel the mermaid lay on 3 corners of the stage, then the respective princes kissed their princesses and they all woke up.

Beautiful costumes as usual but the venue was quite bad. It was so noisy, like RJ hall, then the lights were not bright enough.. Anyway I think it's so fun to be an usher for such a show. You get paid to watch the show. So at intermission I went to ask one of them how to get such a job, and the girl said, "friend recommend one". Not exactly helpful eh?

I decided that I don't want to be a princess haha. If I live in a fairy tale, I want to be the magic carpet or some sidekick animal like Flounder

No comments: