Tuesday 29 March 2005

Learning driving from Ubi is driving me nuts. It's real expensive and it's wasting my time. I want to hurry up learn and hurry up get my license, but from now until the end of april, there is no free time slot for me to have my lessons. This would never have happened if i didn't let my mum talk me into learning from a school, thinking that it's easier to pass and waiting time for the test is shorter. It's not. If you want to take up driving and haven't started yet, don't learn from a school. The only good thing about the school is that you get very structured lessons, they even teach u how to change a tyre.

Went for astar "accessment centre" yesterday, otherwise known as a day of activities for accessors to monitor and access us. Sound like what I do to my bacteria. Anyway I think it's real fun. I was Donald Duck for the day and when people started calling Donald, I usually can't figure out that they're calling me. The game was fun, my presentation sucked, the negotiation thing was quite screwed cos we didn't really know what our own interests were.. Then there was a psycho test. This one is really to see if you are psycho.. apparently if you are psycho they won't allow u to meet the chair in the final interview cos they are scared that you'll stab the chair with a knife or sth. So there were questions like Did you ever want to commit suicide? Would you rather be a member of the opposite sex? etc. 500+ questions, very repetitive. Their psychometric tests have so many repeating questions that I have half a mind to put a different response to each of the repeats.. They say it's to prevent people from faking responses. I think if you try, you can still fake without them ever finding out..
In short, it was a fun day, playing, meeting people of my age. It's a much more exciting day than any day at work..

Oh yeah, I saw Celine, the girl from AGA who was conducting the activities yesterday, just now. She was in full make up, nice blouse, nice skirt, no smiley eyes, no smile and I almost couldn't recognise her. Why do pple doing office work always have to dress so differently?

No comments: