Monday 23 May 2005

Life isn't that boring without work.. I'm going to enjoy it.

Tues.. driving took half my day off (I remembered all the steps to everything inside the circuit=))
Wed.. went NUS tea session to waste my time, can't help noticing that there were not many RJ pple around. We concluded that the capable pple either went med/ engine/ overseas, science is only a backup for most, that's what even the NUS guy talking to us said. Well, I want to do science..
Thurs.. lazed about, preparing for concert, jialing came over and we entertained each other with our playing..
Fri.. prepared some more, practised a bit, went for RJ harmoc concert. So weird, it's my first time going for a harmoc concert, see the power of Grace. Andy never managed to make me go for any harmoc concerts. The concert was actually q good. It got better as the concert progresses. The Mario game one was cool, everything after the interval was better than before the interval. I think that their SYF pieces are too difficult for them to handle.. it was messy, if they had chosen a simpler piece, they might have gotten a gold.

Sat.. Concert day! Wrapping gifts in the morning, cleaning up, making food.. practised a bit more. Freaking out a bit in the afternoon, then sunny came and practised emcee-ing over and over and over again.. Went to pick pple up from the MRT, in the meantime, everyone reached my house. Luckily there's Mr lounge player to entertain everyone..
Concert started, i wasn't nervous, but I started playing wrong notes everywhere.. everywhere.. even in my MMM, which I have performed so many times, it's engraved in my memory already.. Emcee script was a bit too short, I didn't even have enough time to dig out my scores and lay them out.. Michi, one consistently wrong pedal, still haven't figured out what that note is supposed to be; Comical Train, gave up on pedalling entirely, cos it's one whole string of wrong notes; Yujian, played safely, very safely; Alvamar, sounded quite fine in my opinion even though I simplified a lot of parts, and the last running part was flooded with wrong notes; Twinkle Star, great work by HK, sounded so impressive=); Pirates, even though there was a false start, then I lost the counting a second time, I managed to catch back, and it was the best Pirates I've ever played. =)
Interval: Pple were glued to their seats and not many pple were eating =( but had a nice time sitting at the table with telle and sunny and xh and beef...
Oh yeah, 1 major huge mistake that i made, I didn't invite Mr Tan.. The more beef talked about it, the more I think that I should have invited him along..
After interval: Renee + XM, the latin piece, got stuck in my head, i still can't play it; XM's Miss you like crazy, was q good in my opinion, Rain's saxy piece, forgot title, was stylish, like how she always plays her pieces; Shine and his Disney pieces, dramatic, got impro in the middle some more, and then his bam-bam thing, maybe it's his playing, maybe it's just the piece, that's so so catchy; Jialing and At the Beginning, nice, the elec guitar glided beautifully=)
When will spring come, ok, wrong pedals so i gave up on the heel-toe thing; Top of the World, so fun, hee.

Sun: didn't do much, went OG Chinatown to shop for my mom
Mon: went walking with Hannah, yiu sin, sunny from macritchie to bukit panjang. Craziness. macritchie was nice and shady and cool and no mosquitoes, but there were so many people, everyone was going to the tree top walk. Should go there one day when it's not a public holiday.
So emerged from the forests at about 2+pm, went ys's house and bummed, watched 3 episodes of CSI, it's actually very good, just that all the endings are the same, the guy will confess but there'll always be this little part that's unfinished, like the guy will plead insanity when the CSIs know that the guy is not crazy..

No comments: