Monday 16 May 2005

Steve just asked me to give them my blog add and of course he asked me not to insult the government.. Haha, no one is going to get this add.. I never knew which sentence I write is defamatory to who..

Lazing about at home. End of 4 mths attachment at BTI. Cool people, nice people, interesting people.. I learned quite a bit, but stoned quite a lot of my time away..

Last Thurs, went out for dinner with some people from work at that HK cafe place at Holland V, supposedly farewell dinner for me, but pple who went don't even know I'm leaving. The food is really not fantastic but well, the service is bad, (it's self order and they charge service charge) but it's the company that matters. The Singaporeans were learning Cantonese fr the non-singaporeans, and the Singaporeans tried to teach the American vulgar dialect phrases.. eew.. and then we went Wala, BTI pple's fave hangout.. well, it's a nice place, quite small, music was good. Shirlene's band was real good and the guy before them wasn't bad either, too bad no one was really paying attention to them.. It was a super smoky place, I went home stinking of smoke.. eew.. maybe we really should ban indoor smoking, even in pubs, though then Singapore will be a really smoker-unfriendly place. First time in a pub, tried some white, unfiltered beer(meaning the yeast is still in the beer). Actually Dave ordered 2 jugs of it. Bad mistake. I didn't like it, Sylvia didn't like it, so he ended up offering it to everyone around.. oops.. I left early, before Shirlene sang the Banana Boat song, but I heard that she didn't sing it after all.. I ought to dump stereotypes out of my mind. Stereotypes of smokers, drinkers, scientists..

friday.. presentation. If I had more time to prepare, would I have drawn pictures of what's going on? I'm not sure about that. My presentation skills still need a lot of brushing up, I wish I had gone for Danny's presentation that day. Took Steve's numerous questions. Well, actually he asked numerous questions, I answered a small proportion of those questions while Dave answered the rest, think he should be more stressed at my presentation than I am. Glad it's over..

sunday.. clowning. Went to be a clown trainee at NUH with hui chuan, her good friend's bunkmate, chang zi, and you li. Learnt to make balloons, so fun.. But seriously I think we were creating disturbance in the hospital rather than entertaining kids.. The heart shaped balloons were so easy to burst, we popped so many of them inside the wards that we decided we ought to pump the balloons outside the wards.. I liked the younger clown. He appeared so much more sincere and caring, really sitting down to talk to the patients. The other one just had a lot of magic tricks, but I guess that's just the way they work.. Then went Queenstown to eat, Hui chuan's idea of course, the queenstown/ queensway area is like her home, she knows everything there..

mon.. didn't do much, went Jurong Point to eat. Gosh. Then went 6th floor to collect signatures, everyone is so nice. Finally put a face to some names that I've seen on emails.. I still don't know where's Prof Yap's office or who she is, but I should be glad that I didn't meet her yesterday.. Last day of attachment.. yay

No comments: