Sunday 8 May 2005

Thurs.. JC band SYF.. weirdo results.. would I be sad if it was my SYF? I would if I have seriously worked hard for it.. But as Oura says, it's a chicken rice vs duck rice thing.. Judges just changed their tastes this year.

Watched Lord of the Dance with jac, cling, jinxun, angeline at Kallang Theatre. It was fantastic! Definitely worth the money, a blur Arts Central programme is not enough to show you the power of the Lord of the Dance. Even though the stage is small and the Lord didn't seem, at least not to me, a lot a lot better than the other dancers, it was a great show, great atmosphere.. Quite sad that we got last row seats that is like a kilometer away from the stage, but at 8.05 or so, everyone just got up and moved forward to the better seats. Haha, and the ushers didn't care. So we actually got seats which were $20 more expensive.
I still want to be an usher..

I loved the finale part, made me wish that the show would never end. Glad they did "encores", even though no one shouted encore, everyone just clapped non-stop. Hee. I hoped the performers enjoyed themselves and wished that the show would never end too like I did during band concerts.. Went home after that and walked the wrong way, had to walk all the way back. The stadium area is really so messy now that I don't recognise anything..

Fri.. Sunny came to my workplace and I was having an amazingly boring day, we entertained ourselves by playing minesweeper flags with everyone we see online. Haha, sunny's so pro at it. Then driving lesson. I failed the mock driving test badly. Flunked it. Got 3 immediate failures before I even left the centre. Then accumulated 24 points total. sigh.

Sat.. Theory exam. So fun to see everyone again and take the same paper in the same room. Hee. It was at RI junior block and someone was opening up and closing the roof. Yes the roof can be opened and closed. We all thought they were trying to show off that roof. Haha. So every time they open or close, people will go WOW.. everyone except the RI guys that is, and there are quite a lot of RI guys there.. Paper was fine, normal, though I screwed up quite a bit on the last section. Couldn't decide whether to write about Clarinet or about Trombone, and ended up choosing clarinet because the paper wrote clarinet before writing trombone. Haha, lame reason. Hope they give me 1 mark for saying clarinet is a woodwind instrument. Hee.
Slacked around RI after paper cos as I expected, we can finish the paper in 2h and sleep away the last hour.. so as we wait for Shane and "the boy"(I don't believe his name is John) to finish, we went to the main building and sat and talked crap while XM sacrificed her blood to mosquitoes to save us all. And I found out that the YEARBOOK IS OUT!!

Went home rather early and watched Howl's Moving Castle.. finally. The story is not as vague as what I thought it would be, it's just a very predictable storyline. But the characters are really cute. I like the boy, the fire (so cute) and the scarecrow.. but I never understood why Sophie can change from old to young and back to old at different times..

The other parts of the weekend are not so good, mainly because UCSD still has not received my SIR and deposit..

No comments: