Saturday 4 June 2005

Went to the visit Ice Sculptures thing at Bugis.. freezing cold, literally. -10degrees. But pretty spectacular, transparent crystal like structures.. cool n cold. For some reason, the ice doesn't melt much, I touched it and my finger came off dry. Maybe they added stuff to the ice.

Played on the slides, um, quite bumpy. haha. Tried the snow slide with the float thing.. Whee!! But.. I fell, and the ice crystals (snow) got into my shoes, got my socks all wet, freezing my toes. I tried to stand up by pushing the floor, as how u'll usually push urself up, but the floor was filled with snow, so I froze my hand. Pins and needles. ouch. That's when I decided I need to go thaw a while, went out to the aircon room. They were so smart to sell hot drinks. Anyway, my specs misted up, real bad, it turned totally white, the colour of snow. My hands slowly gained back feeling, and felt real hot.. Is that what frostbite feels like? cold, numb, then hot? vessels can't decide how much to constrict and dilate.. anyway, if you're going there and playing slides, either make sure u hide ur hands in ur sleeves or get gloves. Don't touch the snow.

I'm going to start a Back-To-School operation. I think it's quite scary to go to a foreign university with a totally different system when I still have to struggle with school work. I don't think I can do a proper integration now. Or recall the Newton-Raphson formula, or know how to make an amine from a chloroalkane, or anything about capacitors.. hmm, all J2 stuff, now what did I learn in J1? anyway, I should read Campbell too, as sunny suggested, shouldn't waste my $60..

Actually this operation sounds darn scary too..

No comments: