Thursday 2 February 2006

Finally finding a moment to spare in this mad week of midterms and hum paper. Midterms are over, paper is nowhere near perfect, but I'll considered it as done. Too tired to modify it any more. Every time I do something to it, I seem to change my thesis a bit. It's now pretty much mian4 mu4 quan2 fei1 from my original one. Now I'm waiting for my roommate to finish reading and commenting on my essay, taking forever..

Now I understand the meaning off yi4 zhen1 jian4 xue3, actually wrong phrase to use, it's more like yi4 dian3 jiu4 tong1. My prof has been saying the same thing over and over during lecture and I just didn't get it. Had to make her say it to me personally before I really get it. But wow, I really get it now and am looking at my text a different way..

Chinese New Year
Not a bad CNY. Watched lion dance, gu qin performance, had steamboat, nian gao, rou4 gan1, reunion dinner, shou3 sui4, li4 shi4.. not bad at all. And got a few glimpses of chun1 jie2 lian2 huan1 wan3 hui4. What I can't believe is that they listed JJ Lin as a Taiwanese. Anyway, dinner on CNY eve was cool. wy brought the same stuff as I did, wonder why, great minds think alike probably. Anyway met this Beijing girl who's in my biochem class there. Haha. Everyone's connected to everyone else in someway or another. Amazing how small our bubble is.

Went bowling. Got back into my tradition of play the day before exam.. Anyway bowling was fun. Fun watching pros or pro amateurs bowl strikes all the time.

I'm not making sense any more. Need to sleep. Deprived of sleep, cos last night some of my suitemates tried to pull all nighters rushing Hum essays and made quite a bit of noise, and my room door was open, cos my roomie was up too.. didn't sleep well.. and I'm falling behind in my readings.. all because of this essay. Well, this is life I guess. Good thing is that my midterms grades have been decent so far.. not so sure abt my hum grade though..

Thanks to all for help with my essay and thanks to all who listened to my complaints about that essay. =) Many more to come.. essays and complaints.

No comments: