Saturday 4 February 2006

Went to watch concert once again.. hey, my first concert this term. Artemis String Quartet. There's this piece that's a sort of 'old-fashioned' new music. Very cool. Not too atonal or no time concept for me, not too abstract, yet it is modern music. Gyorgy Ligeti's String Quartet No.1 (Metamorphoses nocturnes).

"Singapore is investing a lot of money into biotech. It'll be interesting to see what happens in 10, 15 years time."
"The British, Japanese education is much better than the US one, yet they just lack the creative element to produce breakthroughs. They're very good at producing technically skilled people, engineers.. The general population is well educated.. But you need the almost chaotic environment of US to produce that creativity. You need that disrespect for authority. You can't separate intellectual freedom from other types of freedom."
~ a doctor

"What is a dehydrogenase? It is an enzyme that catalyse dehydrogenation." ~ biochem midterm question and my answer. so duh

Was looking through pics at fm's blog just now and my suitemate asked me what was I looking at and I said, oh my friend went skiing in Italy. That came very naturally to me, that my friends can go Italy for a holiday.. And then my suitemate went, is she f*king rich? That made me think, are we really rich? Are we really not the poor college students that we claim to be? Back to wy's pt about us not having to worry abt anything, just study, no financial probs, no job probs..

Random stuff..
Too bad.. maybe next year.. Hopefully.. I'm not sure if I'm hopeful actually..
Too absorbed in my own stupid life. Ask me, selfish me will say yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey was just rolling thru wanted to let ya know ya got a cool blog here Nice Job.