Monday 27 February 2006

Let me do an express post in 5 min.. Hmm, not possible. Nvm, I'll read less tonight then and do speed reading tmr.

2 dance performances in a row. Watched I mean. 1st was cos Adeline was performing. She's really good, so are some of the ballet girls. 2nd was Peru Negro, folk music of the blacks. They should have told me that knowing Spanish is a prerequisite for the concert, they talked in Spanish, sang in Spanish.. I just thought listening to Spanish songs felt like listening to Malay. Sometimes I'll be switching through the radio channels and land on a spanish channel, and it'll feel like I'm in Malaysia or sth and landed on a Malay channel. Are the tunes similar? Or is it just the language?
Anyway, Peru Negro. Somehow it didn't feel high class. I know it's supposed to be folk and as traditional as possible, but so was Riverdance and Lord of the Dance, and those are so elegant. So is any chinese orchestra. Is it the skin colour that's making the difference, the performance skills? Or are we just more acceptive of European culture? The content was well, very traditional, courting dances, religious dances, and competition between the sexes. Oh they wore masks during the religious dance, and it looked very similar to the Javanese or is it Balinese religious masks.. why am I making so many connections to SEA? I can't remember what I felt about Chinese dances, so I don't know what is it that's making these dances seem less worthy of the place than it should. Mummy always say that there are some things that just won't be fit for high class places, like erm, char kway teow and hokkien mee. They'll always remain as hawker centre food while Cantonese dishes can enter elegant restaurants. Dim sum used to be roadside food and look how popular they are now in restaurants. I don't know if I agree with her. We did go to a proper restaurant in NYC to eat prata and ice kachang..

Growing fat rapidly, getting cut by numerous things including a paper, a file, a plastic container, a wooden table. How is that possible I don't know. But I have enough cuts on my hands. And I'm not suicidal.

Disproportionally spent time. Spent 2 days studying for Biochem midterm, result was a lot better than what I expected, I like the way they give credit for my rubbish. Spent forever on a Hum essay, and probably wouldn't do half as well as I did for my biochem. Choi, that would be a C again. Cannot cannot.

I need more credits.. This enrollment thing is too sad.

No comments: