Monday 10 May 2004

This is different.. anyway, having pathetically little time now, must study biotech..

Friday, went choir concert. Great concert, in my opinion, but I'm no expert. Was trying to get used to voices instead of winds and brasses coming from the stage throughout the first few songs.. Alumni sang some Carpenters medley, suddenly all the memories came flooding back, Rainy days and Mondays from last yr, and the rest from P5, P6, Sec 1 days, of course with that We've Only Just Began song which I accidentally entered as an exam song for Grade 6, I think, and then only passed by 2 points..
Saw that J3 girl (Kane's friend) whom I nv knew her name after the concert and we smiled at each other. Haha, so nice of her.
VCH, the last time I played for a concert there was 2 yrs ago, Rhythm XVI. Last time I stepped onstage was last April during SYF, last time I stepped backstage was last December, Rhythm XVII. Wish I was onstage instead of sitting in the audience..

Sat, MD elections, an amazing no. of "applicants", hard to choose, none of them as confident or have as much vision as Kah Chun, though some did have a lot of courage. Liked the van der roost piece, and the running notes in James Barnes piece sounded like Third Symphony.
Then went for lesson after a 3 wk break. Had a surprise mock exam which I failed. I'm actually quite surprised by the OK mark that he gave for impro, thought I screwed it quite badly when I couldn't even figure out the chords. Learnt quite a lot though.. but no mock exam for me at least in the next two weeks, too scary. Played Singin in the Rain well, for that P4 boy, haha, showing off to him, because it was after that mock thing and I was a lot more relaxed.

Sun, ORA day, went to open band rm in the morning, not bad, band room actually attracted a few people in. Sold food for class, then went YES to get new contacts. That woman was abusing my eyes, I was so scared that my eyeballs will fall off. Anyway she told me to stop wearing contacts for 2 wks, cos my eyes are discharging stuff and there are signs that my contacts don't fit me. Wow, discovered all these almost 2 yrs after I start wearing lenses? Think of the amount of damage done to my eyes! So, I'll be rather blind in the next few weeks with my specs, don't think I can see in Physics and Maths lects.

No comments: