Sunday 5 September 2004

Mini concert at Yamaha today. Some people played some really nice pieces. Someone played Mononoke and Animation medley, I didn't even know Animation medley score exists, will go hunt for it. Then my teach's students played the usual nice pieces, like Voyager and Comical Train and Part of Your World.. realised that I know pieces like Voyager so well that I could probably play without the score too only prob is that my playing suck quite badly now. No one has played my Disney pieces yet, can play those nxt time. Played my pieces, wasn't as fantastic as they should be but hey, I got a cheer from someone. Thanks Shane, don't know whether you really meant it or just trying to boost my morale, but thanks anyway. =) Think I'm too loud and hit too hard.. my playing has changed so much, I used to be this timid little girl who plays her loudest at mf, now I stay at f more than at mp. Haha. Anyway I think I sounded nervous though I wasn't, and screwed quite a lot of the semis, the worst mistake was that somehow I forgot the last chord of my last piece, so ended the piece with some made-up chord. Bad way to end..

Well, think that these performances are really to train my improvising on the spot, when forget some chords, must quickly think of something to fill the gap and bluff everybody. hee hee. Next time will play something not so familiar then can make mistakes everywhere and no one will know. =) Was being super AP, studying Organic Chem when others are playing, then realise that it's quite bad and decided to stop after I finished the chapter. haha. Wasn't playing at a good time, it was a really ulu time when there was no one around. I was really hoping to play at a time when ms lee finishes her class and comes out to complain that we are too loud, really curious about what she'll do if she sees me banging away, maybe turn my vol down or switch the whole thing off. Bet she's cursing us inside the studio, poor girls, have to endure her lousy mood.

Went macs to study, overheard these few screaming kids saying that the fireman's no. has changed from 995 to 998, really?? There was a group of deaf people beside me and they were having a conversation with sign language, cool, but it's really hard to get each other's attention. Funny how the whole group can't talk but their kids can scream and shout.

Met Qiuyu on the way home, haven't seen her for a long long time. Heard that Parkway's sale is really crazy. So weird, triple science in VJ is like the best fac, the top always comes fr that fac and other facs are always lousier. Don't think there's this one fac always better than another thing in RJ.

No comments: