Thursday 21 July 2005

Awards ceremony

Education minister is tall. He's so tall. Great speech he gave, cos I can actually remember what he said.
1. We'll be competing with talented pple from other countries. We'll be competing in a different environment, so it might be more difficult.
2. "Never assume that you'll be anything less than exceptional." His exact words, took me quite some time to figure out whether he wanted us to assume that we're not good or we assume we're good.
3. Stay updated about the Singapore R&D scene.

After a morning of lousy rehearsals, I don't think we did that bad. My mom's comments. The dance is very good, the girls' part especially. The drums were ok, she thinks there's not many ways u can screw up hitting drums. The song, well, erm, she can hear 2 girl's voices, and a few guys' voices. Sometimes the harmony wasn't that right, the acc volume dropped too drastically when the girls started singing, and I wasn't moving enough and I looked fat. Ok, I'm alwyas getting this comment that I'm not moving enough. The volume thing I believe is because both me and the sound guys turned down the volume, that's why it's so drastic. Well it's over. And the A* choir will disband.
Food, the reception looked great. Large variety. Cute glass stand on the plate that allows you to hold the glass and plate at the same time with one hand. Took some photos and went home.

Was real tired so fell asleep. By the time I woke up, it was 7+, my mom was too lazy and full to cook, she tried every variety of food at the reception lor. So she said to go east coast to eat. The moon was so beautiful, it's 16. Sea was calm, ships were forming a long long queue in the distance. Went to the hawker centre, and saw Xueqi. =) Haven't seen her since we went JC. She's having her NTU hall camp and they went all the way to east coast to eat, and then go back NTU at night. Crazy. Waste transport fares. She's doing Business at NTU, Wei Teen is going NUS med, Boon Kian NUS arts & social science. Wonder what he's taking..

No comments: