Saturday 10 January 2004

Realised why few people uses backgrd images for blogspot. The image don't come up all the time.. Anyway, if you can see the backgrd, don't you think it's so pastoral? Like somewhere you'll find sheep grazing, baa-ing, lazing? So suitable for the Dolly theme..

Went for OG dinner on fri, which was coincidentally O-nite, and the anniversary of the last OG outing that I went for last yr.. that's how off I am. Saw my OGLs, saw how sure they are of their lives. Sarah wants to study music and lit, that's so lyrical and so her. Saw my OG mates, saw how much they have enjoyed/ integrated into RJ life. Dom knows just about everyone in the sch, Leqi training so hard that she can prob lift hk up without a drop of sweat, Danny as eloquent and charismatic as ever, Shuang Ning in the Guitar com.. Made me feel that I have accomplished nothing.. which is rather true. It shows that if you try hard enough, want it hard enough, you can succeed..

The photographer video was enlightening. To get sth, you must have a vision, practise/ train for the job, be ready and patient, and grab the opportunity when it passes by. I always move too slowly, can't decide on the vision, and when the opportunity comes, I wait too long, after everyone has grabbed, I realised that I have nothing left.. I always think that there'll be another chance, but there might not be any more, or not in the near future. I can't even count the no. of times just this yr, that I let opportunities slipped thru my fingers.. (like the discussion of music resolutions, reps, arts fest role...) I must be more decisive w/o hurting others. That's a little difficult, I realised.

Been reading people's blogs.. It's amazing how much you can learn abt some people that you think that you already knew quite well. For eg, I could hardly recognise eve from her blog, wenwei's too. It's amazing to see how innocent-looking, blur eve thinks so much, no wonder she always aces her essays.. which reminds me, I have a philosophy essay to write and I still haven't figured out the title of it.

No comments: