Friday 9 July 2004

Andoh Yoshihiro rocks!

Hmm, actually I predicted that will be my title today yesterday. Haha. Went for his concert on Stagea today. Great concert, made my day.. Got his photo and autograph!! Yay!! Haha, sound like some hua chi teenage girl right?

At 6.30, I was there already, but stupid me didn't dare to go play because of all the ushers there.. wasted chance. Anyway, Andoh san is such a good composer. His LAUDA was so beautiful, a nice tropical island with green mountains and native tribes, at least that was what I felt it was. So good, it was the piece that touched me the most. The concert was more of a Andoh concert than a Stagea promotion, wished there were more intro of the instru, but nvm, can always go for some free demo by that Mina woman.

Was wondering how many people are really touched by his music.. How many people really know how to appreciate it? There was this guy in front of me who was playing games on his PDA, and other people who left at interval.. I was moved, especially by LAUDA and Another Century.. guess I'm still an orchestra person, cos I liked the orchestra pieces most. Found the effects pieces too noisy.. Traditional piece was OK, quite realistic and interesting, with the monks singing but I found it too loud also..human voice can really draw everyone's attention.. Romantic pieces, I wasn't really paying attention, was trying to take good pictures of him.. Dance Pop pieces were very infective, was moving to the beat, and he was disco-ing on the bench. Haha. He's so thin and fair that he looked like a wriggling snake.

Understood why performers had to move. Practical reason: to shift weight around so you won't fall when you pedal with both legs. Perfomance reason: to show the audience what the mood is supposed to be, not just let them hear, but let them see too, cos they are this bunch of people who don't open their ears to the max, and need their eyes to help them get into the music. Andoh is good, great voice, though I didn't understand a sentence he spoke, amazing music, really techie, quite interactive too. MC was lousy, if she can't talk, should get a script. Used countless fillers, you know, you know, I don't know.. Interpreter was good, actually managed to show us what koto is. Haha.

The audience was made of kids and their friends, kids and their families. I'm overaged, as usual. Thought I saw Jian Wei there, the eupho guy from DHSSB who was a J1 xiao you when I was a Sec 1, with his girlfriend. Thought he recognised me, cos we just stared at each other. Really stare. Was waiting for him to say hi, but since he didn't, neither did i.

The concert really made my day, despite the lousy GP result once again for the CTs.. guess I'll get some single digit percentile again. *sigh* and I really don't wanna land in remedial.. Andoh rocks.

No comments: