Thursday 12 January 2006

3rd post of the day.. haha.. high..

Went celebrate Dr Lim graduating at Thai restaurant with the rest of the gang. I am so glad I met these people. Entertainment with the people I was with in NYC is one thing, I enjoyed it a lot, this is a totally different kind of entertainment. It's absolutely fun to watch them throwing opinions, very strong opinions across the table. Fun watching how the different points of views can either merge into 1 view (very rarely) or end up with no resolution. But in this case the results are not impt.

Today's dinner topic is religion, how it started I don't recall. Maybe it's because of me and Hum, or me and evolution. Yup I think it's because of the compulsory evolution course I'm taking. Anyway as usual, I'm only a bystander in the discussion/ argument. I watch and listen and try to absorb something. Was observing them and realised that almost all of them have taken at least 1 religion related course, whether it's hum, mmw or a philosophy class on religion. And the other active participants of the discussion have strong religious beliefs. Maybe after this year I can join in their discussions. But I doubt cos I'm not one who keep myself updated with current views, nor one who thinks about issues a lot and constantly come up with new views.. I repeat, reiterate and restate the same things over and over again. Boring me.

Dinner topic was steered completely away from grad sch, graduating, working as a scientist. Power of these people. Each more brilliant than the next. Love them.

I'm still intimidated by Hum. The goddess of Hum flunked her first hum essay. shoots.

No comments: