Wednesday 4 January 2006

East Coast trip

Been quite a good trip. But could have been better. Next time I go on a trip, I must find out more about who's going, what are we doing, what everyone wants to do.. "No need to plan so far" doesn't really work for me, even though it did get us to do some really good spontaneous stuff, and gave me the happiest night of the trip. But other times, this just cause too much unnecessary stress. Photos will be up the next entry or so..

Company for a trip really matters. Company for this trip has been great, and I'm sorry to say I'm not a very good company. Any time. Regrets for the trip: didn't get to watch Broadway/ any other shows like Boston Conservatory, NY philharmonic, ABC etc., booked air tickets at stupid times that inconveniences everyone, didn't go Met, didn't eat enough of local food.. Well, they can be added to the list of things to do on my next trip, if there's ever one.

We are spoilt. Seriously. Even though we complain of not having enough money, we have so much more than most on FMS, or local students..

Met a whole bunch of Singaporean students. And kept bumping into people in New York streets. Realised what a small world of Singaporeans studying overseas it is, everyone is linked to someone else somehow. Don't need 6degrees, 3degrees is probably enough. Quite amazing how so many people we know are in New York at the same time. Glad I got to know some people better..

Lastly.. Thank you to many people. Thanks to Xuxu, Grace for being wonderful travelmates and sharing acc with me in NYC and Xu Xu for the big warm coat! Thanks to Sunny for always helping me.. planning and navigating, and being our link to the other groups, and getting me acc. =) Thanks to Li Hao's GP tutor for being the "shen". Thanks to Li Hao for troubling her GP tutor. Haha. Thanks to shyh chang and junrong and ooi and lihao for being such entertaining companians.. Very very entertaining, I don't ever have such entertainment with the US pple, only with bao and siew and other Singapore people. Thanks to the ACS people for organising the trip. Thanks to everyone who picked me up from the airport at unearthly hours and sent me to the airport at even worse times. Really appreciated it. Yup that's it, I think.

More details up in the next post.. hopefully.

No comments: