Thursday 5 January 2006

Day 1: Flew to Boston via Dallas, Texas
Sat next to this guy. I was telling him that I think I'll freeze in Boston, then he said, "Really?" I said, "Yeah, I'm from san diego" and he said, "I'm from Alaska, temp in my place went from 30 above to 30 below 9 times the past month" erps
Went to MIT, stayed in Serene's room, which is opp Chris's room which is below rui jie's room. And it's all just coincidence. hmm. Anyway, the dorms really look like dorms, a corridor and rooms on both sides, a common room at the end + common kitchen. Not like my dorm. But the toilets are great. They are huge. 1 Toilet + 1 shower in 1 big room. Fantastic. Anyway, went Ruijie's room to eat ice cream. Haha, met kiat, then went to sleep.

Day 2: Walked to Boston, walked around the rich area, breathed the Boston air. It's not as cold as what I expected, and everyone says it's quite warm. Boston is pretty, very European, no wonder it's part of New England.


Boston streets.. a rather rich street

a classy looking (sunny calls it pirated cos the colour's not 7-11 colours) 7-11 sign

Boston public garden.. frozen lake


Boston public library

Inside the library.. Can you believe this is a public library? It's so scholarly
Anyway, we went Chinatown for lunch. Dim sum. My first dim sum meal in US. Huge restaurant, carts pushed around. Cool. Amazingly I'm the only one at the table who can speak Cantonese. Food's quite good. Met the rest of the AC people. So many of them.
Realised that for life of freshies to be comfortable, there must be a person who's taking care of everyone around. In my sch, it's quite obvious there's such a person, in MIT it's probably RJ and Boon Leong, in sunny's sch, there's someone else. In li hao's sch, i'm not sure if there's someone..

No comments: