Wednesday 10 March 2004

determined to have one last post before I leave.

Don't feel excited. Maybe a bit of apprehension, worry. A lot of things to remember and take care. At least I'm not in the trip com. Haha. Poning school tomorrow. First time poning. Haha. My this term's attendence is really bad. I skipped 3 days of school this wk. Haha. But all with valid excuse, except tomorrow..

SSEF was a failure. A lot of time spent, no results. But that's expected, cos we didn't investigate much and got much results. And it's partly due to my fault of not taking the initiative of creating special effects, not learning the algorithm and trying to write something, or just not pushing Dr Tian hard enough. Or maybe I'm just too lazy. Anyway, at least I learnt what cornerness means now. Congrats to people like Hui Fang, Chin Siong, Joseph and Kai Tun for getting Gold, and to Cassandra and friends for getting silver. Yup, SSEF is a time to meet old friends, I met Wanqin, Cassandra, Kai Tun, Wei Teen, Yan Ying, Wenhui, Hui Fang and many other Dunmanians whom I can't remember their names. And not bad, I made a few RJ friends like Joseph (maybe), Chin Siong (maybe), Hannah, and Serene (maybe). Haha, it's all maybes, so maybe we won't say hi to each other the next time we see each other. Learnt about how experienced those GEPpers are in science fairs and competitions, how good they are at research and crapping until all can get gold.

GP common test today. Writing rubbish throughout. Think it's the lack of practice. All my points are jumbled up in my brain, disorganised, when I try fishing one out, the rest drop back into that muddy swirl. Ended up with examples that don't support my argument, and warped arguments. Then spent too much time on summary which had no points and was again mian mu quan fei from the original text and markers will most prob not find my points. Application question was not well developed and not well evaluated at all, didn't even identify key argument properly. Sigh, hope I pass, cos that'll be the only subj I can pass this common test.

The band is too nice to me. Too nice. After all my screw ups in music and otherwise, they still went to so much trouble to make sure I can go on the trip. Debbie Tan bought a $900+ semi-hard case just for me. That was how nice! She could have just made me go with a soft case and instrument come back in pieces. It won't be her prob anyway, though I'll bother them like a parasite. Really thank her and Mr Khoo. I'll try not to create trouble in band any more, no more shooting dagger questions at the top people. haha.

hey thanks Hui Chuan, you remembered my trip! Yup I'll try to enjoy myself, though I have to study for common tests and think about how much clothes to wear and where to hide my passport and stuff, but I'll enjoy the trip! Happy holidays to all and happy studying for whatever block tests/ common tests/ exams you have.

No comments: