Monday 29 March 2004

sat was such a happy day! Went for band, and I had part mates for the 1st time in more than a year! And they are a lot better than me, I think, at least, we have really different styles.. so now I must start worrying about bowing, intonationa and VIBRATO again. And of course, with so many strings around, pizz notes are as usual filled with echoes, plonk, plonk, plonk... must really practise now, if not malu myself..

Band ended at 11+, woohoo, so early that we decided to go holland v to eat. So there was this Basses Trombones batch outing to BK. Super funny with all the funny people around.. Felt like it was the trip again. Then had a "family" outing to Clementi, so nice of Alex and Jacinth to accompany me Clementi every week, and guess what? We went fooling around in Big Bookshop again. Haha, played with the kids books, choosing nice orange highlighters for my nu er.

Some guy was performing inside Yamaha, so I was half-listening to him play that Ayumi song, then thinking that the registrations suck. After that went for lesson and realised that he's my teacher's student as well.. and those registrations were the same which I used to play that Ayumi song.. oops, didn't think it suck that badly then. Anyway, found out that I'm his partner for the next performance. So must start memorising scores soon.. Lesson went well. For some reason or other, I wasn't sian any more, very on, did about 5 impros properly without no break down. That's very good compared to my usual 1 or 1/2. Must work on getting a more meaningful melody and decorations on accompaniment. Feel that I'm lousy every time I hear Mr Tan play. Must aim towards his standard. Q tired after lesson, after all that brain work.

Went for HC concert, it was a busy day. Met Sheryl and Sandy and Xiaoxuan. Concert was q fun, a lot more fun than ours, though I believe our playing was better. Our only non-music entertainment was the lame emcees. They had coloured lighting, movie scenes screening, percs walking down the audience, perc fight, saxes playing Jay Chou and that conductor acting. More interesting, the Ali Baba was so Bert Appermont, sounded like Noah's Ark. The Irish thing sounded like Riverdance and Lord of the Dance.. LOTR was a very nice arrangement, Peter Pan q interesting and Leroy Enderson so cute with the horns tick-tocking. Enjoyed it. Had a 15 min talk with xx, sheryl and sandy. Haha, my dhs band cliche! And the only thing I ever say to Kenny when I ever see him is "Hello". Another classmate lost..

Happy day, yay!

No comments: