Wednesday 3 March 2004

This is so exciting! Got invitation to go for Global Young Leaders Conference (GYLC) this summer.. though I don't know why I'm invited and there's almost no chance that I'll accept this invitation. Still, it's exciting. Let me list out the agenda/ itenary:

... commence in your choice of either Europe or the United States... In Central and Eastern Europe, those cities will include Vienna, Budapest and Prague, you will examine issues usuch as the expansion of EU, the evolving role of UN and others.. You will visit foreign embassies, meet with high-ranking diplomatic officials, and retrace footsteps of former rulers during visits to historic seats of power..

.. In the US, you will go Washington, DC and New York City.. explore Lincoln memorial, US Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums and meet with a senior member of President Bush's administration. In New York.. visit New York Mercantile Exchange and ...

sounds so cool right? Too bad I won't be going due to the unaffordable USD 3000 and that it's around June, July, August.. and that I'm already going to Europe next week.

Anyway, they said that they got me from College Board Student Search Service. So I guess probably 500 others in Singapore got this letter too. And, I won't really enjoy it if I go, cos I'm not a political person, and I'm not a leader, and I shaded the circles on the SAT registration any-old-how-ly, so it doesn't really show who I am. And one of the alumni of this GYLC thing is Aziah, who happens to be the ex head prefect of RGS, so I'm nowhere near that standard. But still, no harm pretending that I've received something good and get excited for a while. Life needs to be spiced up.

No comments: