Friday 22 April 2005

I'm so absent-minded I forgot to send in the confirmation slip, haha, or maybe I just don't care any more.

Had driving on Mon night, then saw sixian and her dad eating dinner, so went to join them. So sociable right?
Had dinner with Christelle on Tues. She really loves her job, really really adores it.
Stayed over at Sunny's house on Wed. I like the house, very spacious, great view, and her mom makes great food. So everybody please turn up for the class gathering.
Had dinner with qq on Thurs, hmm, I was glad I went.
Met Xu Xu on the way to NUS yesterday, lucky girl, got FA from Northwestern. So happy for her.
Today, end of 2 weeks of Home Alone. Actually I quite enjoyed it. hee.

Did I talk about my driving instructors? Guess I didn't. I had 2 very crappy instructors. One of them speaks Mandarin, English, Cantonese, Hokkien, Teochew and a bit of Japanese and a bit of Hainan something. So he speaks to me in Canton, haha, he's so crappy and I have such a good time having lessons that I don't think I learn much. Haha. The other crappy instructor knows me as the scholarship girl, cos the first time I met him, I was 20 min late cos the PUB scholarship selection ended late. Anyway because there's no radio in the cars, he sings. Yes, he sings to me. I don't think I learn much from him either. Haha, but it's ok, cos the other instructors will always reinforce whatever these people taught.

About work, I broke a pH probe. I was being lazy and left the pH probe in a Falcon tube that didn't have a skirt (ie, a pointed end) stand on its own while the pH meter calibrate itself. Well, obviously the tube can't stand, so the whole thing crashed to the ground. pH probe broke to pieces (I'm sure there's a better word for "broke into pieces", splattered? splittered? splintered? help). Anyway glass was everywhere, the pink or was it green? pH7 buffer was everywhere. And of course I was freaked, the way anyone would be if you're in the chem lab and u dropped a conical flask. Dave was so pro, he just said, "ok, nvm, let's just use the one in the other fermentor, this one doesn't look accurate anyway". So thankful for him not making a big fuss. Anyway sadly, the broth was contaminated again. $1000 worth of RNAprotect, hope it has not gone to waste yet. I left at hour 6 yesterday, which meant that he had another 6h to go. Don't think he went home before 3am. sad..

Poly girl coming next week, share table, share comp, share bench with me, I can't AS any more. Think she'll be busier than me though cos Cailian is a much more organised person and will plan her work to make her busy.

Must start studying. Theory exam in 2 weeks, at, guess where, RI, the sch.

When is it that they'll finally understand that I don't want them to follow me? Come on, I'm going to university. Whose parents follow their kids to uni?

No comments: