Monday 5 September 2005

Arrived in San Jose on saturday. It felt cold at night. Moved into Tanya's cousin's house. Nice cosy apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I miss my mommy and my daddy and my home and my friends and the familiarity of Singapore.. Talked to my parents 3 times the first day I reached, they called once and I called twice.

Going through spurts of emotions. Sometimes I feel that I won't be able to survive even till school starts. The only thing that keeps me from turning around and going home is knowing that I can't turn back.. Sometimes I feel hopeful, excited about what's going to come. At other times, it's just neutral, doing things and taking things as if I have been doing them every day.

California. It's filled with Asians. There's even a Chinese TV channel in San Francisco, so sometimes I don't even feel that I'm in US. But I am kind of intimidated by the blacks, not being racist or anything.. If you hear an exceptionally loud voice in the mall, it would probably have come from a group of blacks. I, not being used to this, will feel that someone wants to start a fight, I'll look around and realise that it's just a bunch of teens fooling around with each other.

Went Stanford. Stanford is really rich. They have their own golf course. Apparently Tiger Woods was on Stanford golf team and he lives pretty near Stanford. Palo Alto sort of revolves around Stanford, there's Stanford bookstore, even a Stanford driving school with Volkswagen beetles. I like the town. It's pedestran and bicycles friendly.

I will upload photos when I find my camera cable. Hope I brought it.

No comments: