Monday 19 September 2005

Mid-Autumn Festival

Ate home cooked food and mooncakes at Xinyi's place. Food was good. Kenny is a fantastic cook.

Then went for my first ever party/ dance. All campus dance, in this open field in school. Didn't really like it. Music was, well, I don't know the songs anyway, so I can't comment. But basically I could only hear the bass booming away and not the music nor the lyrics. So just shake to the beat. It was really crowded, and the girls were like rubbing themselves against the guys, gross. Some guys were topless and threw their shirts around, so there were flying wet cloth around, gross. Most people are less than 21, since mainly freshmen went, and I definitely smelled alcohol and smoke, whatever they're smoking. If it wasn't for Tanya, I would never have got into that crowd. Stayed for about half an hour and left.

I was so glad that the company was good. We formed our own little circle on the dance floor/ grass and danced to ourselves. When we move, we made sure that everyone's still around and not lost in the crowd. When someone pushed one of us, other people will try to block the guy's push. Really glad that the company was so protective.

Left the dance at 11.50pm. Then hung around till midnight when the whole party was over. Went over to International House where the NUS exchange students are staying, and it was so happening over there. There were many many parties around. So we went to one of the NUS pple's suite, and guess what, there was alcohol. Not many people there were over 21. But well, everyone's drinking and quite a lot of them are half drunk. Met this gay guy, that's the first real gay guy I've ever met. He's very American, and he's my age even though he looks much older. Sian diao after a while, so I told them I wanted to leave. We left at 1+, reached my dorm at 1.30am or so, Tanya's quite obviously a bit drunk, and I went to sleep.

Yay. I got my Chem class, finally. I think they lost my petition but heck, they let me register for my class, that's all I care about. =) Oh and I nearly lost my phone just now. Darn careless of me.

No comments: