Thursday 8 September 2005

If I had a choice, I wouldn't have come US so early. I'd rather stay in Singapore for another week. Slacking, meeting up with peeps, and play one more time for the girls. I miss my Saturday afternoons..

I would be outside socialing and watching TV if I haven't been so dumb to lose their phone. So I'm hiding in my room and blogging and talking to my dad on MSN.

Monteray. I think that's the spelling. It's a beautiful place by the sea. I'll upload my photos soon. As soon as I find my camera cable. Still hidden somewhere in my luggage. Wonder where though. Quite a long drive from San Jose, but it is really gorgeous. We drove past mountains/ hills (I can't tell the height, i think it's like the height of bukit timah, but I seriously doubt it), farms, the coast. So beautiful. That was the best day of my stay here. I wanna climb one of those mountains/ hills one day. They are not like SEA kind of tropical forest, full of trees, bushes, grass blah, but dry, countable number of trees on 1 side of the hill, and dried grass-like, shrub-like thing covering the rest of the mountain. Looks like desert shrubs/ grass to me. And there are sand hills (maybe they're mountains, i can't estimate height around here). Some people have "carved" words onto the sand hills. One said RIP . erps. I feel like going sand surfing.

Went to the 17-mile drive. A scenic expensive area. Really really rich people with big mansions. Saw the price of the chalet at the golf course, $500 for 1 night if you golf. Crazy. Saw really good scenery which made us hungry, so we went to eat Vietnamese Chinese food. Pretty good rolls. Then went around trying to buy a kite cos we saw pple flying huge colourful kites on the beach. Couldn't find any kites so we went to the beach anyway without a kite. My friend here has never flown a kite before in her life, so she's so excited that she went to ask a man to lend us his big professional parrot kite. I was so surprised that the guy actually agreed, cos he was packing and preparing to go home when we arrived. So we flew the kite. Very easy cos the wind was strong and the kite was really really good. One of the best kites I've flown before. So played for a while, the sand was good, it's white and fine, like Sentosa sand, just that it's natural, not imported. Then we saw another guy flying this high difficulty kite, a kite with 2 sets of strings, one on each side of the kite. Apparently you can make the kite do tricks like turn in circles and so on. We tried. I couldn't get the kite off the ground for more than 3 seconds and I was the most expert one on kites.

The sun is really really bright. It's not so bright in Singapore cos of all the buildings around blocking the light and maybe cos the air's not so clear. It's so bright here that I can't even look west when the sun is setting. Don't think sunglasses help much either, even though I've never tried.

No comments: