Tuesday 25 April 2006

Getting pretty sian of bio.. and even more sian of lab, even though I've only done some form of work for 1 day. I'll give it another week and then voice.. I said sth about having no models/ inspiring people around before. I really really take that back. I need to know where to look.

Sometimes I wish I'm a guy. Just pick up my stuff and go when and as I like, don't have to wait for slow-poke girls, don't have to make sure there's someone to want to do the same thing that I want to do.. But then I'll live my life as an as. It's been almost a year and wow, so many people have gotten attached. Bateman's principle implies that a female should just sit around and wait for flashy males to exhibit themselves to her. Guess humans don't follow many principles.

Sometimes I wonder why and how I decided to do bio. I remember that in sec sch, I was pretty certain that I won't want to do bio, cos I never had a good teacher teaching bio in sec sch. There wasn't much bio in sec 1, my sec 2 science teacher is a physics teacher, sec 3-4 bio teacher isn't really good. I remember Bio as being exceedingly dull, loads of memorisation and no good grades. But I chose to take bio again in JC. Then things began to be more fun, but they're fun only if the teacher's good. I didn't like any of the plants stuff, maybe because the teachers are dull. Sometimes I wonder what is the force that drove me to apply so certainly for bio courses. Interest? Med fac? Teachers? RJ? Parents? Govt? Simply because I'm good in it? (That's quite rubbish cos I'm not)
Whatever it is, the thing to do now is to rediscover that it's my interest, and not go on just because my "fate" is laid out in front of me.

Realised very recently that cello has a very nice sound. Maybe just because I've been hearing good cello players often nowadays. Geoff's sound is really good.

Random stuff:
1. The eucalyptus trees in school are once part of a eucalyptus plantation.
2. The building with the neon flashing virtues and vices is an earthquake testing building and it's almost empty inside
3. There's a toxic waste dump a little off Point Loma
4. The change in colour of sea water after rain is due to water (with mud and soil and stuff) from storm drains flowing into sea
5. Some guy in Queensland tried to steal a koala from the zoo or sth, and the koala kept scratching him, so he gave up and stole a 1m crocodile instead
6. Sympathetic autonomic system start from nerves from T1-L3, Parasympathetic from head and sacral.
7. Geneticists have estimated that approximately 1 in 5 babies has the wrong father (ie child of mother and another man)

These are what I learn in classes. Gosh. K wish me luck, music listening quiz tmr and physio midterm.

1 comment:

Desmond said...

oei oei!! don't sound so depressed lah. presently its "almost" an equal opportunity world, but blame all that on equal rights lah...

its not too late to change majors or consider a slight shift if necessary. i know the constraints put on by AStar, but doing what you have no "real" interest in doing is considerably painful and downright sad...

anyway, thought i should "enlighten" you a little more about those random stuff you have...

1) The eucalyptus trees are still recovering from a huge disease that you can see remnants of (look at the "bleeds")

2) That building is the Structural Engineering building and contains the 7 vices and 7 virtues (part of the Stuart Collection)

3) There's another toxic site in South of Mission Bay (on the road towards Sea World)

ok lah...see ya....