Tuesday 20 April 2004

Nicole Highway collapsed.. wow. Supposedly the road sank by 30m, that's higher than where I'm at right now. Heard that the road will be closed for the a month or so, guess there'll be no more suntec for me for a while.. such an important road down, and all the buses I used to take, 14, 196, 16, 608, all rerouted, wonder if they still go to the "12 bus stop" near DHS

Our class was sitting in this 道教 arrangement yesterday during tutorial. There was this curly distinction between the guys area and the girls area, and then in the guys area, there was 1 girl -- bao rong, and in the girls area, 1 guy -- eric.. haha, very interesting, 阳中带阴,阴中带阳。

Double lect today was boring but entertaining. As in the lecturers were not interesting, esp the physics one, trying to crack jokes and end up laughing at himself. But I was sitting beside HK and behind Alex, and they are rather entertaining people. Alex fell asleep halfway thru Maths and he hit his head on Hong King's table with this loud boom and our row was vibrating, HK and I started laughing non-stop. Somehow, the rest of the LT was also laughing at Mr Kan or something like that. And in that confusion of laughing, HK was rocking around and he banged his head on the table behind him. Apparently, you don't have to be asleep to knock into a table behind you. Anyway, that made us laugh even more, and HK was saying something like laughing is good for health.. hahaha.

My presentation skills are atrocious, let me list out all the mistakes I made during presentation: minimal eye contact, reading fr notes, weight in one leg, swaying around (that's my bad habit, I know that) and my handwriting on the board was illegible.. gosh, whatever happened to all my public speaking courses, and all the PW presentation training? Shall try to do better during Bio presentation. Really impressed with people like Tianjiao, everything is in the head, just stand there, take a pen, start scribbling on the board and talk to the audience. Impressive, they really know what they're talking about. Guess I'll nv be a teacher.. If I do teach, it'll be like Mr Wong's style, draw a diagram, then like that, like that, point here, arrow there, understand? Only I don't think I can be that pro.. Can see from my explanation questions in Chem, really just write down the key words. Wrong grammar, no sentence structure, just list the points separated by fullstops. Some call this pro, I call it a disability in expression.

No comments: