Saturday 3 April 2004

after I add this entry, the 1st day of my trip will be gone from this page..

Time's moving too fast. I'm not using it wisely. 9 more lessons to exam. I can't figure out the chords all the time, can't come up with an interesting melody, can't do fill-ins, and have no style. On top of that, don't have classical piece, JOC still not chosen, haven't done sight-reading for a yr or so. This is the least prepared exam I'm going to sit for, reason: teacher's not really pushing, I'm on my own. Prob is that I just can't bring myself to do impro, set strict rules on it, and play. No self-discipline, kind of like 2.4, where I start walking because I don't force myself to run. Counting down.. 9 weeks to exam, I'll start mugging for it and practising with plan..

feeling helpless again, a bit overwhelmed.. too many things to do, no plan, can't plan, when planned, sth will go wrong.. told some people that i considered dropping S, but didn't cos don't think I'll be any freer without it, since i don't do stuff at night..

Went out with xx, sheryl and sandy yesterday. Think sandy was rather left out when we talked abt hc and rj band stuff, maybe she won't come out with us again nxt time.. Realised that I like being in a sch, any sch. It's a place where you belong, you own, where you're welcome. It's a place that you can find a place to just do whatever you like without being chased out. If you're bored, there's always some place for you to sit down and mug. haha. And I can always go to the band room where there are other bored people and we can start doing something interesting.. and there's the piano where i can practise my chords while irritating everyone else, and there's my bass where I can waste time by playing rubbish on it. I was early in Orchard yesterday, and i couldn't find a place to just sit and have something interesting to do for free. Sad case..

oh yeah, I think my strings improving. I wasn't so out of tune today. Hee hee, and my tone was quite decent, I wonder why. yup, even played the soft soft part where it's supposed to be 1 per part, but bass part dunno why, everyone played.. only accomplishment of the day..

No comments: