Thursday 20 January 2005

Met Stephen, the American Chinese. He's so different from the typical Singaporean around. Had lunch with him and others and he is so interesting. We talked about college applications. He applied to 18 schs when he was my age, and only got rejected by 5, Harvard, Yale, Duke, Colombia and NYU. haha NYU.. Anyway he went to Brown. American uni life according to him is not uni life without drugs, alcohol, sex. Drugs are illegal but the schs usually condones them.
Then he talked abt Singaporeans with no dreams. Quite true actually. His dream is to become the president of the United States. I said haha, he said he's serious. If an a**hole like Bush can become president, so can he.
He asks all girls 2 questions. 1. Are you single? 2. Do you like chicken feet? If the ans to any of those questions is no, then the girl can't be his girlfriend cos he needs his girlfriend to eat chicken feet wiht him.
Anyway it was a short but interesting lunch, though I became a passive smoker.

I have learnt to open the door without using my hands. I am going to be an expert pipette user. I need to develop some finger muscles.. haha. and I'll try not to screw things up. Actually my job is q good, cos don't really need to think, just follow instructions and do. People say that an undergrad can only be a test-tube washer. But i think that if postgrads are all like steve, go talk to experts, sit down, think, arrange meetings, think some more, I would rather be a test tube washer. At least I get to play with bacteria.

Went Marche with class. Saw Huimin the xiao ai ren on the way. She is so full of crap. She grew 1 cm to 151cm and she's so proud of it. Then she wants to be a sch principal.. haha, at least she has dreams.

I'm sick. 38.5 degrees fever.. will go and sleep soon.

No comments: