Wednesday 30 November 2005

Been watching many concerts lately.. Pretty much out every night, mainly because I'm not in the mood to study, even though I need to, and I'm don't want to stay in the dorm.

Chamber ensembles. Some were really good, some really bad. Was talking about how easy it is for strings to go out of tune, cos some of the string players were really really out. Then watched this Tibetan music thing today, and the guy played the Tibet erhu perfectly in tune and he danced while playing. I'm impressed. There was this violinist at the chamber concert, sy's classmate's roommate, he played a Paganini piece with a guitarist and he was so fantastic, the piece is technically extremely demanding, fast, lots of grace notes everywhere, pizz, spiccato, double stops, and he did all of them perfectly. Perfect enough for me at least. Highly enjoyable watching and listening to him.

Should be studying. But really sleepy for no good reason, I'm sleeping a lot, maybe not getting enough REM, slept for 8h last night, and took a 1h nap just now, but I'm still sleepy.. Anyway, I'm changing my studying schedule, decided to stop wasting time going for lects, and study and go for office hrs instead in the day, and rest, play, sleep, eat at night. For the next 2 days at least.. haha

No comments: