Sunday 27 November 2005

Haven't laughed so hard for ages. Hahahahahaha. And it's really hard to laugh while eating a huge 10 cents worth of watermelon, trying not to spurt out everything. Don't know why, but was just so tickled by Sangyu and Fong Ming and Desmond cutting and eating watermelon over the sink. Dinner with the Singaporeans are so highly entertaining. Have I said before? I feel more "at home" (I mean feel like what I feel like when I'm at home, not necessarily more familiar or more comfortable) with them than with my friends in Singapore.. I speak more Chinese Chinese now than I did with my friends in Singapore.. Maybe cos there's Sangyu and Wan yue and Kenny and other visitors, and maybe because I'm getting confused over the many different accents I'm supposed to put on when I speak to different groups of people. Anyway they're a group of people in which I can hide when I want to and not get forgotten, meaning when I have something to say, they'll listen. Actually I'm quite surprised when I say something and people pay attention to it. Haha, I don't usually make much sense.

It's cold today. supposedly 5 degrees Celcius now outside. Wasn't that cold in the day, though weather report said highest temp was 20C. That's quite low for a San Diego highest temp. Didn't feel that cold because of the big sun. Finally went to the beach to study today. See, I didn't just say it, I actually went to the beach. Walked down the paved road from La Jolla Farms road or sth like that, walked to Blacks beach and came back up from the trail at Torrey Pines Gilderport. Happy with my exercise of the day/ week. Didn't do much studying.. more like sit and enjoy the sun and scenery. The scenery is fantastic minus off the naked Ah-beis around. Had to choose a spot away from the nude men. I had my camera and took lots of nice photos. As I was leaving, this naked ah-bei walked across my path. I was aiming my camera at one of the parachutes/ gliders. And the Ah-bei started talking to me.. "They don't seem to stay up today. Even though there's wind.." Blah blah. The whole time I was giving 1 word answers and thinking, what is this Ah-bei doing? You want me to take a photo of you is it? Anyway manage to shake him off and start my climb up that trail. Alanna was right, that trail will be a mess if it rained. It was dry today and wasn't that easy a climb, I'm just glad I didn't go down from there, even though the trail is much shorter than the paved road, it's going to take me forever to get down there. Oh yeah, my sandals broke. China stuff can't be trusted. Anyway, I was on the cliff, waiting for the sun to set, the Ah-bei climbed up and smiled at me when he left.. erps.

Will post photos soon. Will blog about Thanksgiving hols soon too.

Quote of the day:
"Watermelon is made of fruit, not vegetable."

No comments: