Saturday 12 November 2005




I'm still deciding how to blog this.. whether to write everything into 1 long post or to split into a few long posts.. Actually why should I care, I'm blogging for myself right? I am the audience.

Light-hearted stuff first. Watched Corrinne May sing. She's really good. Feel quite sad for her, cos she's playing in Borders, for free, to an audience of 30, she drove 2h to get here, with all her equipment, and had to set up everything mostly by herself. The conditions reminded me of how our Yamaha demos were, it's quiter here but there are still distractions.

Remember the zpop concert when we were amazed at how big Gigi was? Well Corrinne was even bigger. We actually went to talk to her, and talked about, um, RJ. Haha. I like her lyrics. Found her voice uncannyingly similar to Tong En's voice. She is good on piano.. and she's nice. =) Glad I went.

After that went to watch Big Fish DVD with the gang. Hmm.. I guess everyone wants to be a big fish.. Including the semi-drunk people watching it. Oh, saw a star-filled sky, ok not really star-filled, but at least the same amount of stars as in East Coast Park. Don't really see that many stars around here, don't know why. But I saw that star-filled sky at 1.30am..

Wild Animal Park. Nice sunny day today. Clear blue sky with sun, not too cold. Great tourist weather. I love the tram ride. It's an hour-long ride around the whole park, the best thing is that there's an actual driver, which is the tour guide, so it's like in a safari, stop the tram when there are animals to be seen. Only thing different is that there are animals everywhere. And the guide was funny. Saw many types of rhinos (they all look alike), many types of deer/ antelope/ gazelle (they all look the same).. saw many babies, and saw attempted courtship.. Haha

Ok, tried to post pictures, but blogger won't let me. So I'll add them in a separate post. It's a beautiful place.. Would have taken more photos if the cheapo batteries I bought were not so pok. I liked it. First time seeing things like that bustard thing and the zebra/ giraffe thing. And we could get so close to the animals. The parrot in the birdshow was really really good. It's probably the best parrot I've heard, it doesn't sound like a parrot at all. Amazing.

Quotes of the day:
On a male rhino: "That's a huge reproductive organ."
In a tropical birds aviary, warm and humid: "It feels like home."

No comments: