Monday 14 November 2005

Changed my template, cos my old one always eats words up when I put pictures on the entries, and the comments part was unreadable.. New template.. koped it from somewhere, will personalise it more soon.

If you think I've crossed the line, any line, with my following para, please let me know..
I'm amused, very amused at the enthusiasm of a certain American girl towards the singapore/ malaysian club here. To tell the truth, I still have no idea why I'm so anti towards her.. Best explanation I can come up with is that she broke a social custom that she's unaware of and we are subconsciously following.. A custom where you have to work your way up the supposedly non-existent hierarchial ladder, a custom where you have to at least gain some respect and liking before you can start organising events and activities and expect people to support. If you don't work your way up but plunge right in, that's fine, as long as you do it appropriately. I don't know how, but I'll probably recognise it if I see it. If she wasn't that enthu, there's a much higher chance that she'll be accepted easier.. If she had waited till the next major event before she become this enthu, there's a higher chance too.. I'm waiting to see her next moves.. A very bad thing to do I know, me just sitting and watching, instead of doing sth to stop the situation from worsening..

Actually it's quite sad that she's the most on person. And, since this is an official sch org, people have the right to join and be accepted.. I don't know what the next step is or should be. I'm not the most proactive person, in fact I'm extremely passive, as I've discovered from communications class today.

Talking about communications class. The more I learn about communications, the more difficult communications seem to be. In fact the more I learn about anything, the more difficult something seems like. I am more able now to um, analyse a conversation maybe, but until I manage to use the info I've learnt naturally when I communicate, comm is not any easier.

Last point of the day. I'm really sorry I couldn't be there when people need me, ok maybe don't need me but need somebody. I'm sorry that I've been buried in my own tiny world and detached from people in the world. I'm trying.. to lower myself on my priority list, I'm still trying to find the right position.. If you need help, ask.. Someone might just be able to help. (hmm, that sounds like an advice I need) And help whenever I can.

Ok that covered pretty much what I wanted to say. One last thing. Don't get the wrong impression. My life is not happening.

Quote of the day:
"Trust the stuff you are made of"

No comments: