Thursday 10 November 2005

Must blog abt this exciting night. Went to eat dinner.. in the very exciting school cafeteria. Then decided it's the night before a public holiday, we should do something, so hopped onto the cityshuttle and went Tapioca express to get bubble tea, i mean boba.. Isn't as good as it can be, think they use soya milk instead of real milk, so it tastes funny, and I didn't like the consistency of the pearls.. nvm.. walked around a bit in nowhere and went back to sch.

It's 8.30pm. There was a concert at Mandeville, so we popped in. Graduate Improvisation thing. The impro at UCSD is way too new for me. I don't get it at all. They have scores, but they're improvising. I wonder what's on their scores. I wonder what happens during rehearsals. Anyway, there was a tenor sax, an accordian guy who plays elec guitar as well, a flautist, a vocalist and a pianist who doubles up as vocalist. Didn't get it. There's a thin thin line between impro and noise. And today's performance was walking unstably on that line.

Went back to Revelle. That's 9.15pm. Sian diao, then realised that there's supposed to be some Revelle event going on. So we went for the best Revelle event ever.. in my opinion at least. Because.. only 2 people went. Haha. There are more RAs than residents. Anyway, it's Microwave 101, learn to cook stuff in microwaves.. Really fun, cos we basically mash around with the food and add food colouring everywhere and because there's so few people.. So we ended up with red and blue and purple rice krispies and red mash potatoes.. Taste good though. Yup, so i'm real full now. Haha.

Oh yeah, 1 more thing to cheer me up. I haven't broken my record yet. Scored amazingly decent on my psyc test. Yay.

No comments: