Friday 28 October 2005

Blogging just because I'm sian. Hee. So this is prob a bad post, and you shouldn't read this.

Thinking abt what beef said. Yup think I recall the NUS people complaining that it's hard to make friends. Agree totally. But well, the Americans have not had a class the way we have since high school, and they're surviving fine..

What I did today. Went to class. Crashed this lecture on some philosophy which I think was really good. But I would have no ideas how to take notes if I'm taking that class. My this term courses are all very note-taking friendly. Anyway, some questions that I've been thinking about. These are nowhere near the main pt of the lecture, but just some random thoughts that popped out. Do writers write things meaning to have secondary levels of meaning? Do we, as readers, sometimes interprete more than what we should? I mean, there are books on the philosophy behind Harry Potter. Did JK Rowlings intend her books to have such philosophy, or are those philosophy just so natural in our world that she can put them in unintentionally and we are now analysing them? Do we overemphasise some unimportant points when we read and analyse literature? I know I do it all the time for GP evaluation question. Haha.

Ok, enough of serious stuff. That's what happens when there's too much time and the brain is free to think of rubbish, guess that's what philosophers do. Anyway, I submitted my ICAM minor declaration today. The name is so fancy, Interdisciplinary Computing in the Arts. So hopefully I can take Music acoustics next quarter. It's a Friday, and I'm bored, so I went to the one of the general prac rooms to play piano. It's a great place. Not very soundproof, so there's no eerie eee sound, there's a mirror, it's big enough, there's no handphone reception and no one will enter if I put my name on the door, so yup, if i'm inconsiderate enough, I'll go study there next time. Oh yeah, it's a Yamaha piano too. So played a while. I need to practise chords in different keys. Absolutely at a loss when trying to play in Db and E major, and somehow every song is in Db and E.

Then went back, and tried to study, but my mom called and so i didn't manage to study. I need to catch up on my psyc class, she was going at supersonic speed the last time, on sex hormones, a topic which we didn't touch on in JC. Anyway, went to eat, food was good today. Had Italian food. Then went with my roommate to the train station to pick her friend up. I WILL check the bus schedule next time I go somewhere cos the buses are actually quite accurate, and if we had checked the schedule, we would be eating somewhere in Solana beach instead of wasting so much time waiting for the bus to come.

People who are not going to read this, don't swear at me. I know you're angry at some things, some things unrelated to me, and you probably need to let off your anger, but don't f or d or s at me, it gets me in a bad mood.

No comments: