Saturday 1 October 2005

Mummy is on MSN now teaching me how to cook. Haha.

I need to buy
1. spoon
2. sesame oil
3. olive oil
4. mitten
5. starch

Went Albertson's yesterday. Was planning to go La Jolla Village Sq to get my Cingular phone fixed, but waited for 20min and the bus still didn't come, so went to UTC instead. Believe it or not, it was my first trip out of school on my own, as in not with the school, on a bus. Took forever to get the phone done, then ate.. I had Indian food. Haha. Then we went to Albertsons, after asking a lot of people for directions. Bought $10 worth of food and stuff, including some eggs. The supermarket plastic bag was so lousy that most of the bags ripped before we even left the carpark.. We had to go ask for paper bags and bag everything again ourselves. Supermarkets here are built for pple with cars. Bags only need to last until people reach their cars. So we walked to the road. The road which we believe where the bus stop is, and saw a shuttle went past. Aaargh! But at least now we know where the shuttle stop is. Amazingly we only waited for 5 min before the next shuttle came. Moral of the story: Always take shuttles, never take buses.. Almost died carrying all the groceries back to our dorms. And 1 of my eggs cracked in the process, making a huge mess. Eew. But it was fun. Getting around using public transport.

I thought I was ulu, never taken public bus in US before. But I'm not much more ulu than the Americans, many of them have never taken any bus other than a yellow schoolbus before..

I should seriously stop being an idiot and make people help me all the time.

Returned my fridge today. This return policy thing rocks. So I returned my 2 week old fridge and got back my $160, and got a 2 years old fridge from seniors for free. I was so surprised that they let me return the fridge, cos I tore off the wrapping, I don't have the box, it's dented in 1 spot where we must have hit when we're moving it.. But they did, so yay, I'm richer now. Then we went to Ranch to eat. Food's good, they give a lot, and it's not expensive. Then more groceries shopping. I bought fresh food, like chicken and cabbage and tomato. Going to try cooking in my rice cooker and microwave soon.. So exciting.

Everyone's studying. Making me feel bad for rotting away.. People wake up at 8.30am on a Sat to study, when they slept at 2/ 3 am the previous night. And will probably stay up and study/ play till 3am tonight. I'll never be one of them.. But I'll never know. Maybe next term I'll be doing this too. :S scary..

I ought to be nicer. Much nicer.

No comments: